Next week is Week in the Life week (May 9 – 15) and I must say I am PUMPED!
I’ve completed two albums over the last two years, and I love how different they each feel. They really are some of my fave albums to look back on.
Here is a look at my 2015 album which I completed over the January summer break for us.
Things I have learnt about completing these albums:
- For consistency I should have made a note of what font I used in photoshop, because I had made a start with my albums then stepped away I’d forgotten the font size, although really in the long run it doesn’t really make a difference.
- I should have done all the heading / title photos at the same time so that I had them all the same, I think the Sunday title photo was a different size to the rest but you know whatever!
- Spell check before printing! I noticed a few photos with teh or adn not only is it having to go back and redo the photo cause I don’t tend to save the PNG file but it’s also waste of ink!
- Next time I think I’ll batch my jobs e.g.: select all my photos , then edit them all then, print all, then all the journalling, then embellish etc
- I love seeing a mix of digital journalling and hand written journalling in the album.
- Not to get over whelmed! hence the reason why this year I will batch my processes.
- I need to make the most of my stamp sets both digitally and physical I have quite a few that are just sitting there collecting dust.
Overall I LOVE LOVE LOVE this particular project and I can’t wait to do it again this year. I am using Ali Edwards 2016 kit which you can purchase here I have gone for the grey album as I wanted something a little out of my comfort zone with the text over the album but should have thought that through a little cause I now have two grey albums in a row.
Til next time